Home Site Map Back

Source: Bell's Weekly Messenger, No. 1781, Sunday, May 16, 1830.

The Thames Tunnel,

Near Rotherhithe Church.
And opposite the end of Old Gravel-lane,
on the Wapping Side of the River.

Notice is hereby given, that the Public may view the Tunnel every day (Sundays excepted), from Seven in the morning until Eight in the Evening, upon payment of one Shilling for each person. The Tunnel is lighted with Gas, is dry and warm, and the descent is by a safe and easy staircase.

By Order,
James Birkett,
Clerk to the Company.

Walbrook-buildings, May 14, 1830