Home Site Map Back

Butchers' Charitable Institution

Butchers' Charitable Institution, 7, Clement's Lane, Lombard Street, E. C., established 1828, to afford relief to the necessitous of the trade. There are now 53 male and 42 female pensioners.

The expenditure for the year amounted to 1,873 : 7s. a sum far beyond the amount of annual subscriptions, which last year only reached 1,380. The almshouses at Walham Green are for pensioners only.

Treasurer, R. Cooper, Esq.—Secretary, Mr. C.J. Jenkinson.

SOURCE: The Charities of London, by Samuel Low, Jun., London: Sampson Low, Son,
and Marston, Milton House, Ludgate Hill. 1861.