Home Site Map Back

The Cholmondeley Trust

The Cholmondeley Trust, consists of property left by the late Mr. George James Cholmondeley, of Great Cumberland Street, for charitable purposes, at the discretion of the Trustees; of whom are the two Archbishops, and the Bishop of London. The amount of fund is believed to be upwards of 150,000, and comprehended the bulk of the testator's property. It is rendered available chiefly for distressed clergyman; also for the education of their children for the church, etc. There exists no published account of it, neither are particulars furnished to individuals; but such as are desirous of making application for its benefits must do so by petition to the trustees, to their secretary, Joseph Hanby, Esq., of the Almonry, Scotland Yard, Whitehall.


SOURCE: The Charities of London, by Samuel Low, Jun., London: Sampson Low, Son,
and Marston, Milton House, Ludgate Hill. 1861.