Home Site Map Back

The Master Coachbuilders' Benevolent Institution

The Master Coachbuilders' Benevolent Institution, 45, Margaret Street, W., established 1855, for granting annuities or temporary relief to distressed members of the trade, or their widows. During the past year 52 have been expended in temporary relief; there are 20 pensioners receiving from 10 to 25 a year.

Income 939 during the past year. Amount of stock, 3,900.

Treasurer, G. A. Thrupp, Esq.—Hon. Secretary, J. Leslie, Esq.—Collector, Mr. E. Hubert.


SOURCE: The Charities of London, by Samuel Low, Jun., London: Sampson Low, Son,
and Marston, Milton House, Ludgate Hill. 1861.