Home Site Map Back

Evangelical Magazine Fund

Evangelical Magazine Fund, for the widows of ministers, 27, Paternoster Row, established 1793. The Evangelical Magazine was first established by a body of dissenting ministers and a few episcopal clergymen. From the first its sale was large, so that the projectors of the work had considerable funds at their disposal. They resolved on devoting the profits of the work to the relief of the widows of evangelical ministers, whether churchmen or dissenters. About 1,000 is distributed amongst about 120 widows.


SOURCE: The Charities of London, by Samuel Low, Jun., London: Sampson Low, Son,
and Marston, Milton House, Ludgate Hill. 1861.