Home Site Map Back

The Friend of the Clergy Corporation

The Friend of the Clergy Corporation, 4, St Martin's Place, W. C., established 1849, for allowing pensions, not exceeding 40 per annum, to the widows and orphan unmarried daughters of clergymen of the Established Church, and for affording temporary assistance to necessitous clergyman and their families. There are, at the present time, 93 pensioners on the funds, 29 of whom received 40; 49 35; and 15 30 per annum. The income, dependent on voluntary contributions, amounted last year to 5,625.

Treasurers, Messrs. Hanburys and Lloyds.—Secretary, H. J. Bramall, Esq.

SOURCE: The Charities of London, by Samuel Low, Jun., London: Sampson Low, Son,
and Marston, Milton House, Ludgate Hill. 1861.