Home Site Map Back

Furniture Brokers Benevolent Institution

Furniture Brokers Benevolent Institution, 101, Wardour Street, founded 1839, for the relief of distressed furniture brokers, their widows and children. There are at present 5 pensioners, in receipt of 15 per annum. 900 has been distributed since its foundation.

Treasurer, Mr. W. C. Greygoose.—Secretary and Collector, Mr H. Williams, 61, Swinton Street, Grays Inn Road.

SOURCE: The Charities of London, by Samuel Low, Jun., London: Sampson Low, Son,
and Marston, Milton House, Ludgate Hill. 1861.