Home Site Map Back

The Rev. Dr. George Richards' Charity

The Rev. Dr. George Richards' Charity, Master's Lodge, Charter House, is a similar fund for the relief of superannuated and infirm clergyman. In operation since 1850. About 10 disabled clergyman are assisted. The grants made and never less than 50, or more than 100, per annum, and are either annual pensions or temporary grants.

Average income, arising from the founder's beneficence, is about 600; but the extension of the good thus secured depends on voluntary contributions, which, by way of legacy or other donation, would be thankfully received.

Trustees, the Archdeacons of London, Middlesex, Colchester, St. Albans, and Essex, the vicar of St. Martin-in-the-Fields, and the preacher of the Charter House.—Secretary, G. H. Brooks, Esq., 7, Godliman Street, Doctors' Commons.

SOURCE: The Charities of London, by Samuel Low, Jun., London: Sampson Low, Son,
and Marston, Milton House, Ludgate Hill. 1861.