Home Site Map Back

Medical Benevolent Fund

Medical Benevolent Fund, 8, Lucas Place West, Commercial Road East, E., established 1836, for the relief of medical men, their widows and orphans, in temporary difficulty or distress, and for granting annuities to those who are quite incapable of providing for themselves. About 900 cases had been relieved, including 83 during the past year.

Income last year amounted to 1,691.

President, Sir James Clark.—Treasurer, Joseph Toynbee, Esq.—Secretary, William Self, Esq.

SOURCE: The Charities of London, by Samuel Low, Jun., London: Sampson Low, Son,
and Marston, Milton House, Ludgate Hill. 1861.