Home Site Map Back

Tallow Chandlers' Benevolent Society

Tallow Chandlers' Benevolent Society, 27, Bishopsgate Street Within, established 1843, for the relief of the indigent and incapacitated tallow chandlers, their widows, and others connected with the trade. It has distributed above 6,000 in relief, and has at present 42 pensioners on its funds.

Income during the past year 551, including the interest on 4,200 Consols.

Treasurer, Thomas Farncomb, Esq.—Secretary and Collector, Mr Joseph North.

SOURCE: The Charities of London, by Samuel Low, Jun., London: Sampson Low, Son,
and Marston, Milton House, Ludgate Hill. 1861.