Home Site Map Back

The Thomson Hankey Charity

The Thomson Hankey Charity. This charity was established by the late Thomson Hankey, Esq., of Brunswick Square, Brighton, January 1854. The capital is 10,000 stock. The investment is made upon trust, to pay and divide yearly the interest thereof at such times, and in such shares and proportions, as the trustees, or the majority of them for the time being, shall think fit, amongst the widows, or sons and daughters of clergymen of the Church of England, being in poor circumstances. The interest from this investment is distributed annually in the month of July, and persons seeking to participate in the distribution must send in their petition on or before the 1st day of July. A form can be obtained by application, personally or by letter, post paid, addressed to the Trustees of the Thomson Hankey Charity, 7, Mincing Lane.

The Trustees are—Thomson Hankey, M. P., George Hankey, Beaumont Hankey, Richard Henry Jones, all of No. 7, Mincing Lane, London.

SOURCE: The Charities of London, by Samuel Low, Jun., London: Sampson Low, Son,
and Marston, Milton House, Ludgate Hill. 1861.