[Newspaper cutting, source unknown, 1896]
Another of the large old houses remaining in South London has this week been dismantled, viz., Montague House, Clapham-road, opposite Albert-square. It was once the residence of a noted Lambethan, Mr. Laurence Redhead, and afterwards for some years in the occupation of Mr. Maugham, the head of the noted firm of distillers.
[Editor: m.s. inscription states: "Aug 1, 1896"]